Week 3: Activity

 


Name of Organization

Type of Organization

My Position/ Role in the Organization

Ang/The Velocity

School Organization

Circulation Manager and Sports Editor Filipino

Christian Youth Fellowship

Youth Group

Member

Board of Christian Educators

Church Group

Member

In Sync Dance Crew

Dance Group

Assistant Choreographer

WAP

Gaming Group

Tank/Mage User


Processing Questions:

  1. After doing the activity, what have you realized?

I realized that I belong to different groups and organizations, whether it is in the community or school. The church and youth organizations I've joined when I was young helped me develop different skills, specifically my social skills. On the other hand, ATV served as the organization that helped me express my ideas better. I improved and broadened the skills and knowledge I have regarding various things in life. This made me realize the importance of organizations and how it can impact my student experience and future career in a positive way. 


  1. What do you think are the characteristics of a good leader and a good follower?

Good followers make good leaders, while good leaders guide a group towards the right direction of their mission or vision. Among the many characteristics to become a good leader, some are: one must be honest, forward-thinking, inspiring, and competent. On the other hand, to be a good follower, one must be honest, collaborative, dependable, and competent. But the most important characteristic that both a leader and a follower should have in a group is to be a good listener.  


  1. Are you a good leader/ a good follower? Explain your answer.

I can say that I am a good follower because I am able to perform well following the leader's mission or vision. Followers don't just follow leaders. I support and aid my leader when he or she is doing the right thing and stand up to the leader when he or she is headed in the wrong direction. Being a follower teaches me how to be aware of the needs of people and understand what bothers and motivates them. The lessons that I've learned from being a good follower will guide me as I become a great leader for the people someday.  


  1. Who influences you most to become a leader or a follower? And how?

The person who influences me the most is Kobe Bryant. In his early basketball career, he shows how to be a good follower by obeying instructions from his coach and mentor. Later on, Kobe became a basketball legend that influenced the mind of the athletes with his “mamba mentality”. Through him, I am able to give out my best in playing basketball while following the strategy and game plan instructed to me by my coach. I always keep in my mind how Kobe started from a newbie to a legend, who inspires a lot of people like me on and off the court.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Written Work

Week 7: Discussion